Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Last Service


The story about St. Stephen's last service -- it's a mini-documentary sound clip with photos -- was posted on the website after all. I just missed it. Here is it.

Liz Margerum, the reporter, did a gorgeous job on this. Her dad's our deacon. In the sound clip, you can hear him choke up as he's reading the Gospel. (The long pause is when he was trying to get his voice back under control; he choked up anyway as he kept reading.)

I'm so glad she did this.

4 comments:

  1. That will be a lovely keepsake for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:01 PM

    This was lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. I know you will never find another church like St.Stephens, but I pray you find another warm group of believers to fellowship and serve with.

    I especially loved the lady at the :15 mark. I hope I have such a joyful countenance when I'm her age.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.