Monday, September 21, 2009

Six Months


This weekend, I reminded my sister that today was the six-month anniversary of Dad's death. This morning, as I was frantically doing class prep I hadn't gotten done over the weekend -- probably an unconscious maneuver to keep busy today -- my phone rang, and it was my sister.

I told her I couldn't talk and she said, "But it's the six-month anniversary of Dad's death! And you're the one who reminded me!"

I'd honestly forgotten.

So of course then I said I could talk, and we got wistful for a few minutes and cried a little, and then I went back to frantic prep.

The rest of the day went fine, because I was too busy to be sad. I'm basically okay now, too. But it's weird to think that a year ago today, I was blogging about cell phones for Dad and Fran and planning for their arrival.

None of that went anything like we expected. I just wish Dad had gotten to have more fun here.

On a brighter note, I'm meeting Charlene at the music store tomorrow morning. We hope to find a rental fiddle that meets her specifications. Dad loved music, so I think he'd be pleased by this development (although he might grouse about its interfering with my writing). My mother's very intrigued by it, too. Anything that perks my mother's interest automatically makes me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.