Saturday, July 11, 2009

KangaTek Go


Ever on the lookout for lightweight, ergonomic, and secure bags, I recently purchased a
KangaTek Go, basically a wide strap with four pockets that you wear across your body. Mine's black with a red interior, but they come in other colors.

The bag looks either really dorky or very cool, depending on your tastes. Katharine calls it my "Queen for a Day" sash, and Gary says it's feminist because it allows women to have pockets. Whatever the aesthetics, I love the thing. Like the review says, it keeps everything readily accessible -- unlike a backpack, which you have to take off to open -- and it allows me to carry more weight than I usually can in a purse without bothering my shoulders. And for me, at least, it's less of a hassle to get on and off than a fannypack would be. Oh, and it's reversible: very useful for left-handed folk.

When I'm carrying bigger stuff (netbook, books, notebooks), I use a backpack too. They work fine together, but this is the essential grab-it-and-run-out-the-door purse. I won't be wearing it to formal occasions, but it's great for everything else.

I agree with the review that the neoprene smell is annoying, but that will wear off. I plan to accessorize mine with beaded zipper-pulls, but I won't have time to do that for a while, probably.

Highly recommended, especially if you don't mind the dork factor.

2 comments:

  1. Neat! Put some silver studs on it, and you can be Klingon. Great for if you find yourself trying to pass at a Star Trek convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Pretty cool, but imagine the looks you might get on holiday when passing through an airport!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.