Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Four Months

I haven't posted for a while because we've been so busy. On Saturday I did my four-hour hospital shift, and then drove down to Carson City for a lovely barbeque with our friends Arthur and Sherri. On Sunday I had church, and then Katharine picked us up to drive us up to Lake Tahoe for an exquisite concert given by her and her (and our) friend Jim Meadors. Yesterday I prepped class, swam for an hour, taught for two hours, and wrote in the evening.

This morning I woke up at ten, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I have no time (and possibly no energy) to exercise before going to school, and afterwards we're going to Katharine's for dinner, so this is perforce a rest day. And that's fine, given how I feel: very heavy and draggy.

At some point today I realized that it's the four-month anniversary of Dad's death, which may account for the heaviness. (And in my Tolkien class, we'll be discussing Gandalf's fall in Moria.) In any case, I'm going to go easy on myself today.

If I owe you e-mail, please be patient!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.