Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two Journeys


My latest column is up at Hope and Healing. Dad died a month ago today, so it seems like a fitting time to post the link.

Gary said last night over dinner that it feels like Dad died much longer than a month ago. To me it feels like years ago, on a different planet. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing; it just is. I'm sure the pain will sharpen again on significant days: Father's Day, his birthday, the anniversary of when he moved out here, and certainly the anniversary of his death. But for now, the haze covering the memories is a relief.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Wonderful column Susan. Thank you for sharing it.

    gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in after a busy couple days. Love the photo here, and also if you would please wrap and mail to me the actual beach you photographed the other day. You could send COD. Not? No, probably not. I was literally drooling at the photo. I so wish there were a HUGE body of water somewhere I could easily get to...
    Yes, haze is no bad thing. Comes and goes like everything.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.