Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fifteen Minutes of Fame


Photo: Liz Margerum, Reno Gazette-Journal

My church has opened its doors to a Lutheran congregation across the street whose sanctuary was damaged by a fire. On Maundy Thursday, I washed the feet of the Lutheran pastor. We wound up on the front page of yesterday's paper, as part of a nice story about interfaith cooperation. Friends at church were teasing me about it.

Thursday I was tired and droopy, although I felt somewhat better after swimming for an hour. Yesterday I was hideously depressed all day, partly because the weather was gloomy -- rain and snow -- although I guess that's appropriate for Good Friday. I knit through our three-hour service and got some schoolwork done afterwards, although I still felt, and feel, oppressed by how much is left.

This morning, though, I'm feeling better, thank goodness. I'm preaching tonight and still have to write the homily, so I need all the energy I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Am sure the homily was wonderful. Depression sucks. Love the photos of your Dad, also love the St. Stephen's/Faith Lutheran cooperation. Hope Easter is good. I missed Good Friday services to attend a death. That's OK. A family member told me afterward of having a feeling for some time that the patient would die on Good Friday, "the same day as Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm glad you made it through Holy Week. So did I and it was amazing what the week did to my emotions. I woke up this morning exhausted and hope that I can recover with a little extra sleep tonight.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.