Friday, April 20, 2007

Huge Changes at the Last Minute

Well, I managed to snag a relatively cheap roundtrip fare from Reno to Philly, leaving this coming Sunday and returning on the 29th, so I'm flying out. This is one of those cases where if I'm not there and something horrible happens, I'll never forgive myself; and if nothing horrible happens there, the worst that happens here is that my classes get thrown into slight chaos.

I'm scrambling around to cancel meetings and get class coverage, but I already spoke to my department chair, who's very sympathetic to family issues, and she was supportive.

My sister can probably pick me up at the airport, and there will be a car I can borrow when I'm there.

Mom's glad I'm coming, and was feeling better even before I booked the ticket. She says everyone at the hospital is so nice and friendly, and she enjoys having so many people to talk to.

I've got too much adrenaline in my system, though: must go swim now!


  1. Oh, my. You are certainly doing the right thing by going. Hang in there. Prayers continuing from here!

  2. Anonymous3:52 AM

    At least twice in my life I have made unexpected trips at the last minute, and I have never been sorry. Good for you for making the big decision and acting on it accordingly! Travel safely, and I will think of you and yours in the days ahead,


  3. Way to go, Susan! You should definitely be there to support your mom and to heck with the inconvenience. Some things are just more important. Have a safe trip. Enjoy the time with your mom. I'll be praying for you all.
    Peace! Hope!

  4. Safe trip, Susan!

    Your class will be just fine (as one who has had to do similar things).


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.