Saturday, April 21, 2007

Good News


Thanks to everyone who's sent e-mail or left nice comments. I really appreciate it.

I just spoke to my mother, who sounded very chipper. She's been told that the surgery will proceed as planned on Monday morning; the aortic calcification isn't severe enough to require treatment first, I gather. Also, they think they can put in a stent rather than doing a more invasive procedure. We're all going to feel a lot better when that aneurysm's repaired.

She's still very impressed with everyone at the hospital; when she was in another hospital for her lung-cancer surgery three years ago, she had a bad experience with one of the aides, so I'm glad nothing like that is happening here.

I probably won't get to see her before the surgery, though. My plane gets to Philly around midnight -- if it's on time -- and then there's the interminable wait for luggage and the forty-five minute drive to my sister's house. At that rate we won't get to bed until two at the earliest, and Mom's surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. On the other hand, my sister and I may be so wired that we pop awake at 5:00 a.m. (although for me, the time change will mitigate against that).

Lots to do today to get ready to leave, so I'd better go do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.