Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Grand Rounds, et cetera


This week's edition is up, hosted by Dr. Couz. I'm honored to be included! The theme this week is medical professionals as people, and how they handle the personal/professional boundary. The posts look fascinating, and I'm looking forward to having time to read them.

That won't happen today, though. I'll be heading off to the gym after breakfast -- I've discovered that a good workout in the morning makes the day go much more smoothly -- and then I teach both of my classes, and then I have two meetings with students, and then Gary's meeting me at work so we can grab a bite to eat before going to a concert on campus.

The next three weeks are going to be crammed with grading, writing deadlines (including my Ash Wednesday homily) and committee tasks at work. After March 1, I hope to have a bit of a breather. And during Spring Break, we'll be in Maui!

That's what's keeping me going right now. When I start panicking about everything I have to do, I think about whales. Also, amazing flowers of colors you've never seen on the mainland and never will see (at least not in the flesh), because they can't be brought here, because they harbor organisms that would decimate mainland crops.

Also, swimming under cold waterfalls and in the warm ocean. Ahhhhhhh!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:08 PM

    wow. I love your blog. I am an Episcopalian, but am too angry about having moved to another city to go to church here! (I dislike stuffy conservative churches.) I miss the liberal church in our last city. And I must suffer from depression, and I want to crawl into a bottle

    Your blog may cheer me up and
    give me something to chew on
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - have a fabuluos SPring Break!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.