Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting There


I'm now just past the 20,000-word mark on the manuscript, which means -- if all goes well -- that the new draft's roughly one-fifth done.

What I have so far is pretty uneven, but I still like it better than the old version.

After this chapter, I'll have to produce much more entirely new material, and won't be able to recycle as much from the old draft. So I'll probably be slowing down. But as long as I keep getting something done each day, I'll be happy.

2 comments:

  1. You are just motoring along...good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Thank you for sharing your writing process, Susan - this is a great example for the rest of us writers as well.

    Jean, returning to revisions on an article and starting to think about a book

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.