Sunday, October 31, 2010

Here Ya Go


In honor of Halloween, his Royal Highness finally allowed me to get a halfway decent close-up of him, although since his ears are missing in this shot, he looks uncannily like an owl.

Balthazar, Master of Disguise!

I hope everyone's having a happy Halloween, Samhain, All Saints, or whatever you celebrate. At church this morning, the clergy read a long list of the names of dead loved ones. The list included both of my parents, Gary's dad, my cousin Ken -- and Harley. I'd asked beforehand if it was okay to include pets, and after hesitating a minute, the priest said, "Sure, if you give the pet a first and last name." So Harley was Harlequin Palwick Meyer, although I believe that got shortened to Harlequin Meyer during the reading.

To the best of my knowledge, no one laughed at me about it. At the peace, a friend came up to me and said, "May the peace of the Lord be with you, Susan, and with your little cat." So kind!

In our annual evade-the-trick-or-treaters maneuver, Gary and I are going to a movie and then to dinner. When we get back, I'll tackle the remaining Mound o' Grading, which is smaller than it was.

2 comments:

  1. Bali the beautiful....good shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Wow - great photo! Our church will be celebrating All Saints and All Souls next Sunday, and I will think of you and your human and feline families then.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.