Friday, August 06, 2010

New Socks


Here are the socks I made for Tiel. Aren't they pretty? I'm very pleased with them, if I do say so myself.

With any luck, I'll mail them off today. I sure hope she likes them!

In other news, my sister knits continental style, while I've always used the slower English method. On the Arizona trip, she taught me continental, which I've been trying to master so my knitting will be faster and more efficient. I've been managing a rough version resulting in uneven stitches, but this morning I think I finally found a way to secure the yarn in my left hand while maintaining tension. This involves byzantine winding around fingers and wrist, so I suspect there's a simpler method out there, but this one works for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour. You are so talented. Socks are four needles right? And a pattern to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:35 AM

    These are stunning! Love the color and the lacy pattern...

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.