Saturday, February 07, 2009

Reno: The Final Frontier


Today my friend Arthur, who's on the committee trying to bring the World Science Fiction Convention to Reno in 2011, e-mailed me to say that Seattle, the major competition, has withdrawn their bid. It now looks highly likely that Reno will indeed host the convention, barring a last-minute bid from some other city.

This would be seriously cool, since Gary and I could attend WorldCon -- something I never get to do, since it always conflicts with the beginning of the fall semester -- and lots and lots of our friends would be coming here. I hope it happens!

For more information, see the Reno in 2011 website.

2 comments:

  1. This was SO FUN when we had it in San Antonio! Congratulations! Are you planning on being involved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm busy flipping back and forth between doing a happy dance and freaking out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.