Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Best Laid Plans


It now looks as if we may not go to Palo Alto this weekend, since the weather's supposed to be crummy. We might be able to get over there, but getting back could be problematic. Dad can have some of the follow-up tests at the VA here; we'd have to get him to Palo Alto for an echocardiogram sometime, hopefully next week.

This is inconvenient; it means another week's rental of the portable concentrator, which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and it would throw some of next week's plans off. And if next week didn't work, I don't know what I'd do, since the week after that's completely impossible, schedule-wise.

But I guess I can't worry about that yet; I'll just have to see what the weather's doing.

I know Dad got to the VA and back this afternoon, but because I was so busy today, we only spoke briefly -- by the time I was free, he was asleep -- so I don't know how his appointments went. I'll find out tomorrow, when I go over there for the concentrator delivery (since I have to be trained how to use it).

In the meantime, I haven't knit or gone swimming for days. I'm barely keeping up with schoolwork and am dangerously behind on everything else, including various doctor's appointments for both me and all three cats.

Sometimes treading water is the best you can do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 AM

    Dear Susan,

    While you are treading water, I hope a life raft or a helicopter rescue comes heading your way.

    Glad that your back is doing better and that your father is in a safe place.

    Thinking of you,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Dad got some help from his appointments. Hope your back is slowly righting itself--and, if the trip is delayed, hope you can find some time for swimming and knitting. I hate to think of you sitting in a car for hours when your back was so bad just a few days ago... Just wondering--is there anyone from your parish who would visit your Dad? He might not care to talk religion, but just to have someone come see him? Prayers continuing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.