Monday, October 20, 2008

Long Story Short


Dad arrived safely in Sacramento, and we got him safely home, but he fell in our garage trying to get into the house and is now in the hospital, awaiting a pacemaker (and in need of home oxygen, since his sats consistently drop to 82 without it).

Fran arrived safely yesterday, in the middle of Dad's ER admission. This morning, she and I will go to the new apartment and talk to the manager about how he can sign the lease (can I bring it to him in the hospital? can I drive the manager to the hospital so she can watch him sign it? etc. HUD has incomprehensible regulations).

There's much more I could say, but Fran just woke up, so I need to go get her coffee. All prayers welcome! (Dad's in good spirits; I'm somewhat less so.)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan! I'm glad your dad arrived okay and sorry he had that accident. But it sounds like something needed for his medical and mental well being was accomplished at the ER. Oxygen should be very helpful to him overall. Yay!

    Obviously all this more involved care taking moving into your life will take some adjusting to. I'll keep praying that things go smoothly for you all, and look forward to your updates on your dad and how things are going.

    Peace! Hope! & Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Susan!

    Love,

    Claire

    (Hey, my password works again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many sweet thoughts to you and your elders, Susan! It's very comforting to check in at your blog -- especially so for me today, since my 99-year-old mother just went to the hospital last night with severe anemia. She has Alzheimer's but she has many flashes of clarity, as when she asked the nurse helping her to get ready for the CT scan today, "Tell me, is this really necessary?"

    -- Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! And Mary Ann, I'm praying for you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.