Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Schmooze Award

The eminently gracious #1 Dinosaur has just honored me with a Schmooze Award, which goes to the bloggers who make you feel like you know them even though you've never met in person.

Thank you! Since I've never considered myself someone who was good at cocktail-party schmoozing (or the cyber-version thereof) I'm truly touched that someone out there thinks otherwise.

And my five picks are:

Lee, of course, who's my number one schmooze pal. (I have spoken to her on the phone: does that count?)

JSD, whose recent heartfelt post on feeling excluded at church led me to leave an anguished mini-rant in her comments section.

Beach Bum, whose delightful blog I just discovered.

TC, who's left me so many thoughtful comments, and whose blog I adore even though I don't get there often enough.

Elliott, who shares so many obsessions with me, and who seems to "get" my books in ways many readers don't.

It's fun to schmooze! And to get cool little prizes!


  1. Aw gee! Thanks, Susan! I feel exactly the same way. Yes talking on the phone counts. My life is richer having you as a friend. I look forward to the day we can meet face to face. (g)

    Peace & Hugs for you, Gary and Los Gatos!

  2. Congratulations, you cocktail gal you.

  3. gosh, thanks! I must say how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. And as a SF fan, will do my best to get a hold of some of your other work.


  4. You deserve the award. In fact, you are so conscientious about blogging that I wonder how you find time to write for pay.

    Thanks for schmoozing.

  5. Just tagged you for yet another meme... details on my blog :)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.