Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Carnival of Hope: Announcement and Reminder


Please remember that the Carnival of Hope deadline is tomorrow at 5 PM PDT. If you're a regular reader of this blog and have a post that might fit, please send it to to me! (SusanPal at aol dot com)

This will be the last edition. I've been putting together this carnival for a year now, and the effort hasn't been worth the return. I've met some interesting people and read nice posts, but every month I get swamped with cheesy inspirational "personal-development" posts -- the kind where the predominant pronoun is "you," rather than "I" -- and I haven't figured out how to carve out my own niche so I won't have to deal with that stuff. (Carnival of Personal Narrative? Carnival of First-Person Anecdote?) And CoH consistently gets fewer hits than my other posts do. And there are other places I'd rather be putting my energy.

So: it's been fun, but it's time to move on. I'm looking forward to the last edition, though!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Susan.

    I'm sorry to hear that CoH will be ceasing. I always enjoyed reading it as well as being included. I understand your reasons for quiting and hope you find something else that works for you.

    Peace,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.