Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Grand Rounds!

This week's Grand Rounds is up, hosted by Hungarian medical student Bertalan Meskó. This is an admirably clear and well-organized edition; the Monty Python theme never gets in the way of understanding what the posts are about. Great job, Bertalan, and thanks for including me!

In other medical news, I've been talking to some folks at the medical school who are looking for ways to include more medical-humanities material -- including narrative medicine -- in their curriculum. It's early days yet, but I really hope something comes of this and that I'll get to be involved.

Yesterday, a friend at the medical school sent me a link to the website of the Taos Writing Retreat for Medical Professionals. Wow: would that ever be a fantastic place to work on ED sonnets! Unfortunately, the retreat is very definitely priced for medical professionals, and there's no way I can afford it. Maybe someday, though. Or maybe someday I could teach there.

For the moment, I'm just psyched that such a thing exists. Medbloggers, take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.