Saturday, August 05, 2006

Plumb Tuckered Out

Yesterday morning I wrote my "God in the ER" post. Yesterday evening, I hammered out a draft of my homily for Sunday, writing four and a half double-spaced pages in about three and a half hours. I'll post that tomorrow, after final edits.

I'm tired.

I was going to write a post today about the theology of volunteering, but instead I'm going to take a break, because coherent sentences are in short supply right now.

In the meantime, here are some other blogs for you to check out. My friend Lee has written a lovely post about Comics and Ritual. My friend Inez has posted some scary pictures showing the effects of straight-line winds in Iowa (she's also posted some much more cheering pictures of craft projects). Kim of Emergiblog (with whom I've now exchanged e-mail) has posted a beautiful tribute to her grandmother, who inspired her to become a nurse. And hospital chaplain Jeanene has posted a touching poem about one of the more sobering tasks chaplains are asked to perform. I don't know Jeanene personally; her husband is Real Live Preacher, whose work I've admired for a long time now. If you haven't read his book, which collects a number of gorgeous essays from his blog, I highly recommend it.

Happy reading. See you tomorrow!


  1. Thanks for the plug Susan. I've been checking out the other links on your page too. Loved FolkAlley and the bit Maines posted about the big box bill that Chicago passed. That last made me go looking up home authority. My town has it but doesn't seem to do much with it. Wish they would.

    I'm tuckered out too...I'll have to tell you about that another time.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.