Saturday, August 19, 2006

Miles to Go Before I Sleep

The writing faculty of my department is having an all-day retreat today.

Fifty-six miles away, at Lake Tahoe.

Starting at 9 a.m.

I'm one of these people who always requests a teaching schedule with classes starting no earlier than noon, thank you; it's not that I don't wake up early, just that I function best when I have introspection time before having to form logical sentences in public.

Well, I'll introspect in the car, I guess.

In the meantime, part of yesterday's post sparked this post about race and class, with some lively back and forth in the comments section, over at Will Shetterly's blog.

Also, in an e-mail exchange with Kim a few days ago, I talked about giving crayons to kids in the ED and described myself as "St. Susan of Crayola." She loved the phrase and thought I should use it in a post sometime. I forgot yesterday, so I'm using it now.

And now I have to go drink lots of coffee and get ready to hit the road.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.