Sunday, February 06, 2011

Another Church Closure

I got to church today to find the doors locked; a sign said that today's 5 PM service is canceled, but didn't give a reason. Either somebody's sick -- I hope not! -- or everybody's staying home to watch the Superbowl. Football renders me comatose with boredom, but whomever dubbed it a secular religion was completely correct.

When I got home, Gary said, "It's you. Churches see you coming and close." When I let out a wail, he assured me he was only kidding. This closure's temporary, at least. Ironically, today's Gospel is the passage from Matthew about how a city on a hill can't be hidden. Well, it can if the gates are locked!

So I won't get communion this week, which always leaves me feeling out of sorts. On a happier note, however, today I walked for thirty minutes in the morning and swam for thirty minutes in the afternoon. This is my new strategy to try to get more exercise without wearing myself out completely, since two half-hour sessions are less tiring than a full hour at once. I don't know how often I'll be able to manage this schedule, but at least today demonstrated that it's possible.

Also, Google Docs has indeed kick-started my writing again. Yesterday I finished a draft of one new chapter; today I started another. They're not very good, but at least they're there.


  1. Good to see you are back on track.

  2. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Dear Susan,

    Drafts! of chapters!! very exciting!!!



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.