Wednesday, November 24, 2010


When I got home from work tonight, Gary said, "Hey, you got a letter from the President of the University." It informed me that I've been awarded a sabbatical leave for the academic year 2011-12.

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! Thanks be to God! ThankyaJesus!

I've been prancing around the house in delight, even though my throat's still sore and my head's still clogged. Sabbatical! Yay! Yay! Yay!

My proposal's to finish two novels and a poetry chapbook, which is a non-trivial amount of work, but at least I'll be able to concentrate on that stuff without having to teach classes at the same time. Yay!

The downside, of course, is the two-thirds salary belt-tightening, although the leave's completely worth it.

This also means we won't be getting another cat until autumn of 2012, but by then, maybe Bali will have calmed down enough to allow another animal into the household (we just got the Feliway today; I hope it works!).

Sabbatical! Yay!

Can you tell I'm happy?


  1. clairesmum7:30 PM


  2. Fabulous. I'm so happy for you.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.