Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Day, with Dizzy Spell


Happy July!

Today's the twenty-first anniversary of my self-marriage ceremony, and the twelfth anniversary of our move into the house. I spent the day relaxing on the new deck: knitting, listening to my current audiobook, and even doing a bit of writing (although not, alas, on the novel).

It was a very pleasant day, although I may have overdone the sitting outside -- even though I was in the shade and pushing fluids -- because at the end of my early-evening (6 PM) walk, I felt really weak and shaky. That's the second time that's happened, actually. The first time was during a much longer and more strenuous walk Gary and I took a few weeks ago. It's sufficiently odd and worrisome that I'll probably call my doctor tomorrow. I decided not to go to Urgent Care tonight because I didn't have a temperature, and my heart rate and blood oxygen were both fine (I kept Dad's oximeter), and I felt better after eating something, although I'd eaten my usual amount during the day, so my blood sugar shouldn't have been unusually low. It wasn't especially hot, either.

Weird. But at least I feel better now.

In other news, Dad's military records finally turned up -- in the effects of his estranged second wife, of all places -- so the Coast Guard scattering should go as planned, weather permitting.

I'm desperately behind on any number of projects; what else is new? But my mood's good and I've been exercising every day, so on the whole, I'm happy.

4 comments:

  1. susan, it is now the first hours of 2 july, which means it's an anniversary for me as well.

    it was five years ago that i first heard God speak to me. forty years an atheist, born to atheists and raised an atheist and i'm minding my own business and all of a sudden i'm miles and miles from home and suddenly in prayer.

    i do not know yet how i will observe the date, but i do wish to make an observance.

    happy anniversary to you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:04 AM

    Glad you're feeling better. Did you have more caffeine than usual? It can have that effect.
    Take care,
    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary on both counts and I do hope you don't have any more of those strange spells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Happy anniversaries, Susan! Glad to hear you're in a good mood and a happy place, and hope the odd effects of the sun wear off soon.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.