Friday, May 21, 2010

And the Winner is . . . .


First of all, let me say that all the entries were terrific: entertaining, well-written, imaginative. I'm really impressed, and I hope everyone else enjoyed reading all the responses as much as I did! If I could knit socks for all of you, I would (and I'll knit socks for any of you who ask anyway; you'll just have to wait longer, possibly into the next millenium).

Needless to say, the excellence of the field made picking a winner very difficult. But I had to pick one, so I did. Our winner, by a hair, is Tiel Ansari's Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming.

Congratulations, Tiel! I'll be e-mailing you a sock questionnaire.

As for Gwenn, Pete, Lucy, and mybabyjohn: if you'd like some socks and are willing to wait a long time, e-mail me and I'll send you a questionnaire, too. And Katharine, I'll see what I can do in the double-knitting department!

This was great fun, and I hope to do it again soon. Who knows what Gary will find up in the hills?

2 comments:

  1. congratulations to Tiel Ansari and many thanks for the opportunity to wipe the rust off the writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 PM

    I didn't submit, but found the reading great fun. I think you and Gary ought to make this a regular fact of life (once a year? once a quarter?) because I've seen some of the stuff on Peavine. I grant you, it has been years since I hiked up there, but people do not cherish the desert as they should. Maybe these stories could help raise awareness for cleanliness.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.