Sunday, October 11, 2009

Future Knitting Project

Last year, after I posted about walking the labyrinth in San Francisco, a friend sent me a pewter finger labyrinth. (Thanks again, Danielle!) Tonight I was tracing it when I suddenly realized that a labyrinth would make a very cool double-knitting pattern. For ease of charting, I found the square labyrinth above, which will be easier to transfer to graph paper than some of the other versions.

I won't be getting to this anytime soon, but it would be a terrific -- if time-consuming and ambitious -- pattern for a prayer shawl or lap blanket. If I'd thought of it sooner, I'd have attempted to make a couple of these for Christmas gifts, but that won't be happening now. The project queue has just gotten longer, though.


  1. Anonymous4:58 AM

    I don't know about double knitting, but the 10 Stitch Blanket on Ravelry looks nifty and maze-like (you can do a search for it).

  2. Anonymous6:27 AM

    And so it begins! First, we learn the technique (via chopsticks). Then, we master a finite but technically demanding specialty: socks. Finally, we make the creative connection: "All I would need to do is chart this design . . . it can't be that hard . . . I can just see how it should work . . ." This is where I've been for the last few years. It's an exhilarating place, where you can really test your limits. Enjoy!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.