Thursday, October 22, 2009

TSWP Unveiled!

Back in June, when I was in New York, my agent told me that Tor had requested a mainstream -- i.e., not fantasy or SF -- novel from me. She told me to prepare a proposal post-haste, which I did. And then we waited.

This morning, Tor made an offer. They'll be publishing my fourth novel, currently entitled Mending the Moon. It's about four elderly women who are close friends (and Episcopalians!); when one of them is killed, the other three have to make sense of what's happened and find ways to go forward with their own lives, while also helping their friend's adopted son. Right now the first draft is about half written, although a lot will have to change; the manuscript's due September 1, 2010, although I hope to have it done before then.

Above is an image of the talisman I bought in Northhampton this summer. I'd been looking for a moon image, and the art-glass sculpture was perfect!

Wish me luck, please. I'll post periodically about my progress.


  1. OtterB5:00 AM

    Congratulations! I'll look forward to reading it (eventually).

  2. Fantastic, Susan! Congratulations! I can hardly wait to read it! All the luck in the world! May God send you lots of time to write and success when it's published.


  3. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Yay! And that only took about 4 months. Good luck, I'm looking forward to the book!


  4. Oh, Congratulations! I'm so excited to hear this.

  5. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Congratulations! The talisman is beautiful, and I am looking forward to an equally beautiful book.


  6. Congratulations on the news! It seems a wonderfully powerful premise and I cannot wait to read your foray into the non-sfnal.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.