Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Lightbox of Doom

Our friend Rob brought over the lightbox yesterday. And what a lightbox! This thing's huge, the size of a chair. Gary looked at it and said, "That could be used to light a landing strip for 747s."

I'm sitting in front of it now, but I'm noticing some eyestrain. I have it on the highest of its three settings, so maybe I'll turn it down a notch. Or two.

Okay, I just turned it down a notch. I think that's a little better.

Dazzled, we are. Will this make us less green, grumpy and wrinkled? Stay tuned, you should!

And in other medical news, Dr. Anonymous has posted the latest Grand Rounds. There's recently been discussion of how to make GR smaller and more manageable, with every commenter I've read heavily in favor of more selectivity on the part of hosts. In that spirit, Dr. Anonymous has divided this week's edition into "The Best of the Best" and "The Best of the Rest," with a link dump at the end so nothing really gets left out. I'm honored to be one of his Editor's Picks! Thank you, Dr. A!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Susan! Literally?! The size of a chair?! Wow! My sister's is a table top model. It's been a few years since I saw it, but I vaguely recall something the size of two shoe boxes stacked one on top of the other. Well, maybe a little larger than that, but she could travel with it. Sounds like you won't be able to with yours. I'm wondering if the higher the light the better the results and am envisioning you with sunglasses. (g)

    Glad you got it! And, Congratulations on being selected for Grand Rounds!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lee! Yes, literally the size of a chair -- a largish beach chair, say -- and no, I definitely won't be traveling with this puppy. I'm not sure I could lift it; Gary hauled it upstairs for me.

    My office is now very crowded, since I have a heater in here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, warm and bright beats cold and dark, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that's a mighty big "light box". Don't forget the suntan lotion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Beloved, are you SAD? I've tended to be down from Christmas to Candlemass, and have thought it was SAD, although I haven't ever been assessed. Some years ago we bought a torchiere floor lamp with a halogen bulb. We set it up in a corner of the living room, a largish, sunken living room with cathedral ceiling (or at least that high). The new lamp filled the room. It was so bright we called it "the landing light."

    Well, it wasn't why be bought it, but it did seem to help. The long winters of Detroit didn't help, and this seemed to lighten things considerably, no pun intended.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JSD: Yes, the need for suntan lotion has occurred to me!

    Marshall: It's interesting that a different kind of light worked for you. My sister has a special light for beading -- one that shows true colors -- and she says that helps, too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.