Tuesday, January 25, 2011


I'm now officially snowed under with grading, committee work and meetings (although the weather here's been warm and sunny!). As a result, I've canceled my fiddle lesson and hospital shift for Saturday. I can certainly use the extra five hours to dig myself out from under, and it seems wise not to repeat last week's pea-soup fiasco. I hate to skip my "electives," as it were, but I don't have time to get my work done in through here, let alone to do anything even remotely, by any definition, non-crucial.

Which includes blogging: yeah, I know. (And we're going to a concert tonight, since it's a friend's recital, but I'd already committed to that before the current crunch descended.) Two quick notes. One is that today's my mother's sobriety anniversary: she stopped drinking on January 25, 1964. Even my sister remembered that date, although she's not nearly as aware of anniversaries as I am. It was a huge turning point for our family, for obvious reasons; I've always found it ironic that it's also the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul.

Secondly, outside my chiropractor's office today I met a ten-week-old Great Pyrenees puppy who was about the cutest thing in the world (and who's going to be gigantic when he grows up). I should've taken a picture, but didn't. You'll just have to take my word for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.