Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hurrah for Narrative Medicine!


The other day I was flipping through a recent New Yorker and came across a quarter-page ad for the new MS in Narrative Medicine at Columbia. Pretty cool!

In other NM news, I was recently given, as compensation for my work with the Literature & Medicine program, a nice budget for new books. I've had fun unpacking them in my office this past week: physican/patient memoirs, novels and poetry collections about medicine, medical history, texts about medical anthropology. I now have the beginning of a solid medical-humanities library, and I can't wait to read all this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I'm so glad you've found this new calling, Susan! Looking at that list of different types of books for you to read, I'm wondering, are you going to try for a degree that relates to this subject? Or are your present degrees enough? Prayers for ocntinued success with this and a hug of delight!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm so glad you found this new calling, Susan! Looking at that longish list of different types of books, I'm wondering if you plan on getting another degree for this or are your current ones enough. Prayers ascending for continued success with narrative medicine and a hug of delight!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.