Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Here We Go Again

My mother's back in the hospital after what may have been a seizure. My sister hasn't had time to give me the full details -- the first time we spoke, I only had a few minutes, and the second time we spoke, she'd just gotten back from the ER and was exhausted -- but I gather that Mom's been going downhill and that her medical condition is very complex. The hospital will keep her for at least three days so she can be released to a nursing home, where, according to my sister, "She's likely to stay."

My sister and brother-in-law have been doing a heroic job caring for her. If they can no longer do that, I completely understand. In the meantime, please pray for her and them and me.

She wasn't entirely coherent in the ER, but when I said, "I love you," she said, "I love you, too."

I think that will be the last thing to go.


  1. So sorry to hear this is happening. I will pray for her and you and your family. Blessings.

  2. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

  3. Thanks, Velma. You and Soren are in mine!

    And Stacey, thank you to you, too. I pubished your comment, I swear, but when I read the comments, it doesn't show up. Weird!

    Anyway, I appreciate everyone's support.

  4. P.S. Stacey, there you are! You popped up after I posted my response.

    The ways of Blogger are inscrutable to mere mortals.

  5. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Ah, Susan, I am so sorry to hear this news. Of course I will keep you all in my prayers.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.