Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Five Months of Lent

My latest column is up at Hope and Healing. Anyone who's been following this blog for any length of time has already read versions of this many times, though, so it's not required reading!

If you do read it, I hope you get something out of it.

Next Tuesday will be the anniversary of Dad's last trip to the ER. I followed the ambulance in the rain, focusing on his pale face through the window.

I'm so glad, for both of us, that all that's over. But I miss him.


  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    "Not required reading." What a teacher!



  2. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Dear Susan,

    I found your new column moving in its own way - thank you for sharing it.

    I will be thinking of you as you move through all the one-year anniversaries that await in the year to come.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.