Monday, January 11, 2010

Wake-Up Cat

We keep the cats out of the bedroom at night, but if Gary gets up first and opens the door, Harley and Bali take turns getting me up with vigorous licking and nudging. Figgy usually jumps up too, but only to cuddle.

Here's Harley, looming over me with his "Time to get up!" look.

When I was in graduate school, one of my professors told the story of waking up one morning convinced that he was having a heart attack: he couldn't move, and there was a crushing weight on his chest. He opened his eyes to find the face of his twenty-five-pound Maine Coon cat only inches from his. He screamed, and the cat leaped and fled, leaving claw marks in his stomach.

Cats: endlessly helpful!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I've got wake up kitties too. Sandpaper tongues on my nose or perched on me making bread on my shoulder, thankfully through the comforter. :-)

    Hugs,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Looks like it didn't work, though--you've been sleeping since this post!

    (smile)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.