Sunday, January 31, 2010

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

You betcha.

Gary gave me this wonderful Cylon Centurion action figure for Christmas. I've been fascinated with scary robots since a series of nightmares about them when I was a kid, and I love BSG, so there you go. Today, puttering around my study, I finally unpacked My Very Own Scary Robot and perched him on a shelf of the new knitting vault. But then it occurred to me that he ought to be doing something.

Given his location, it wasn't hard to figure out what his hobby should be. Two toothpicks and a bit of sock yarn later, and voila!

I called Gary in to look, and he shook his head and said, "That's really weird. I love it."

This is why we get along so well.


  1. Anonymous5:05 AM

    The best part is the colors the Cylon chose -- who knew they'd crave pastels?

  2. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Even a Cylon Centurion needs to kick back and relax now and then!


  3. Your robot is great.

    I never watched BSG (don't know why), but last week I started watching Caprica (BSG prequel). Have you seen it? I'm hooked.

  4. Hello. Hope all is well with you. Yeah, robots scared me, too. Have you noticed that your books are caught in the Amazon-Macmillan imbroglio?

  5. I love it too, Susan! It's sort of mechano-cute, and very creative. :-)


  6. Anonymous7:16 PM

    The Amazon-Macmillan imbroglio is over. One of them blinked. I think Amazon.


  7. This is a frakking great picture.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.