Monday, July 11, 2011

Advancing the Warp, Part 1

So here's the scarf freed of the bottom notches in the cardboard, with ends tied off to compensate. As you can see, the scarf gets narrower further up -- I tried to prevent that, to no avail. It's a crooked little scarf, but it's my crooked little scarf, and I'll wear it happily when I finish it.


  1. It looks like a piece of modern art. Why does it get narrower as it advances?

  2. Thanks, Delores!

    It gets narrower because, as you weave, the warp threads tend to get pulled in (as much as one tries not to pull the weft too tight). I know this is a common beginner problem, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. It's all a learning experience!

  3. Anonymous7:15 PM

    The pattern's quite impressive.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.