Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Escapism


We just booked our flights to Seattle for our Alaska cruise in May. Yay! This is especially exciting because we'll be able to visit friends we haven't seen in years now. One's a very good friend from college: my first college boyfriend, actually. He's now married with two kids, but we've known each other so long that he feels like family. Among other things, he's the only one of my current friends who met and remembers dad's second wife.

The second friend is the only person from grad school I'm still in touch with, a human-rights activist turned therapist who lives two miles from where our ship will be docking. Convenient!

Thinking about Hawai'i got me through the first part of the semester; thinking about Alaska will get me through the second. This is very decadent, I know. I'm enjoying every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.