Monday, May 11, 2009

Fastest Trial in the West


I reported for jury duty this morning and was indeed seated on a jury. We were done at 3:00 in the afternoon. The judge said that in thirty-six years, it's the shortest trial he's ever seen. I think our lunch break was longer than the actual trial.

So I came to work, caught the tail end of my last fiction class (I was touched that so many of them were there!), and am now waiting for my freshman-comp students to hand in their final portfolios. And I won't have to reschedule any of my doctors' appointments. Yay!

Oh, and not only was I included on the jury even though I have a PhD, but the jury also included an attorney and a physician. So much for the people who expected the Nevada judicial system to be anti-intellectual!

All in all, a painless way to complete one's civic duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.